Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2019 Equinox Add Cell Phone Wireless Charging

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2019, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2019 Equinox Add Cell Phone Wireless Charging

I just recently sold my Yukon SLT, which was fully loaded and had every option possible, and then purchased a 2019 Equinox LT. With the kids growing up and me needing less space for passengers, I figured this new vehicle would help me save money on both gas and car insurance. I am truly loving this vehicle, but as I continue to drive it and read more about it via online posts and reviews, I keep finding little options here and there that my Equinox didn't come with. I figured that through time and patience, I can probably add many if not all of the additional features that I am interested in. Most likely for just a fraction of the cost that a dealership would charge me.

One of the upgrades that I would like to do, is to install the optional wireless cell phone charging pad. What I'd like to know first off, is this even possible to add this it to my my car? I know that I would need to start off by ordering the GM Gen II wireless charging module (P/N: 8452697), but what about the charging pad itself? Does anyone have a part number for this? Also, a current wiring diagram would be very helpful too. Unless the factory harness has the connectors needed to plug it all in with no wiring needed. If nothing else, providing directions to help point me in the right direction to research this further on my own would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old November 30th, 2019, 5:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Bpopilek
I just recently sold my Yukon SLT, which was fully loaded and had every option possible, and then purchased a 2019 Equinox LT. With the kids growing up and me needing less space for passengers, I figured this new vehicle would help me save money on both gas and car insurance. I am truly loving this vehicle, but as I continue to drive it and read more about it via online posts and reviews, I keep finding little options here and there that my Equinox didn't come with. I figured that through time and patience, I can probably add many if not all of the additional features that I am interested in. Most likely for just a fraction of the cost that a dealership would charge me.

One of the upgrades that I would like to do, is to install the optional wireless cell phone charging pad. What I'd like to know first off, is this even possible to add this it to my my car? I know that I would need to start off by ordering the GM Gen II wireless charging module (P/N: 8452697), but what about the charging pad itself? Does anyone have a part number for this? Also, a current wiring diagram would be very helpful too. Unless the factory harness has the connectors needed to plug it all in with no wiring needed. If nothing else, providing directions to help point me in the right direction to research this further on my own would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Got this file from:

https://www.srxforum.net/

http://File Type: pdf 2018 Chevy Equinox Gen II phone charging unit replacement.pdf

Hopefully this will do the trick for you.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 30th, 2019 at 5:15 AM.