Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2020 Chevrolet Equinox Leaking water from quarter panel window

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2021, 2:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Chevrolet Equinox Leaking water from quarter panel window

My 2020 Chevrolet Equinox is leaking water from the right side quarter panel window. I only noticed it now after one year of owning the vehicle. I am the first owner and bought it brand new the day it arrived at the dealership.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am pretty upset about this. I just can’t believe after a whole year of owning the equinox that I finally noticed it.

I would just wipe the water up thinking it fell inside from opening the lift gate. But when I saw a big puddle after a heavy rain storm, I knew something was wrong. I found so much water inside. Also, while drying it up, I found trash left inside from when it was built in Mexico. Empty food bags labeled with “Made in Mexico”.

The dealership wants me to wait till Wednesday to have it. fixed. I am expecting Chevrolet to pay for it since it’s defective.

Old May 8th, 2021, 9:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

Should be handled under warranty
Welcome to the forum. Keep us updated on the fix
Old May 13th, 2021, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

The dealership said the quarter glass needs to be replaced. They have ordered a new one.
Old May 19th, 2021, 8:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 272 Likes on 235 Posts

If it’s still leaking after the glass replacement, check the sunroof drain. There’s a drain tube at each corner of the sunroof and if it’s plugged (partially or completely) the water could be leaking into the cabin as a result.
Old October 31st, 2021, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same with mine.

Check the drivers side rear fuse panel. Mine is all wet from the rain seeping In from the QP window as well. I have a service appointment in 3 days.

Wet fuse panel

Floor boards SOAKED

Still Draining a day later

Originally Posted by Joshua Joshua
My 2020 Chevrolet Equinox is leaking water from the right side quarter panel window. I only noticed it now after one year of owning the vehicle. I am the first owner and bought it brand new the day it arrived at the dealership.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am pretty upset about this. I just can’t believe after a whole year of owning the equinox that I finally noticed it.

I would just wipe the water up thinking it fell inside from opening the lift gate. But when I saw a big puddle after a heavy rain storm, I knew something was wrong. I found so much water inside. Also, while drying it up, I found trash left inside from when it was built in Mexico. Empty food bags labeled with “Made in Mexico”.

The dealership wants me to wait till Wednesday to have it. fixed. I am expecting Chevrolet to pay for it since it’s defective.