Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2021 equinox center console help

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2021, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2021 equinox center console help

Needing help on running wiring up thru central console to 12v connection.

can’t figure out how to get into center console and help would be appreciated 😁
Old March 10th, 2021, 7:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 271 Likes on 234 Posts

Are you trying to get a 12v connection inside the storage compartment? Or just run a wire through the dash trim?

Why won’t one of the accessory outlets work?
The following users liked this post:
Bubba1518 (March 11th, 2021)
Old March 11th, 2021, 5:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gumby22
Are you trying to get a 12v connection inside the storage compartment? Or just run a wire through the dash trim?

Why won’t one of the accessory outlets work?

I’m running some led lighting and the way the wiring is it uses the 12v and I am hoping to run it up thru the center console under the cup holder etc and then up into the 12v
Old March 11th, 2021, 7:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 271 Likes on 234 Posts

The illustrations below are from the 2020 service manual but I doubt a 21 is much different. It doesn’t look like there’s any screws on the center console trim - the trim is all held in place with push style clips. Do be cautious when attempting to separate them as the clips can have a deceptively good grip, especially when new.

A couple things to note:

-it’s best to start at one end and work towards the other using a trim panel tool to “pop” the clips loose rather than trying to slowly pry them out

-the shifter **** needs to be removed to in order for the cup holders to come completely off, but removing it looks more complicated than it should be (based on the procedure) so I’d recommend just leaving it on and rotating the cup holders to access the areas you need

-the cup holder trim has to come off before the side trim panels - release the clips at the rear of the cup holders first to remove them

Old March 13th, 2021, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gumby22
The illustrations below are from the 2020 service manual but I doubt a 21 is much different. It doesn’t look like there’s any screws on the center console trim - the trim is all held in place with push style clips. Do be cautious when attempting to separate them as the clips can have a deceptively good grip, especially when new.

A couple things to note:

-it’s best to start at one end and work towards the other using a trim panel tool to “pop” the clips loose rather than trying to slowly pry them out

-the shifter **** needs to be removed to in order for the cup holders to come completely off, but removing it looks more complicated than it should be (based on the procedure) so I’d recommend just leaving it on and rotating the cup holders to access the areas you need

-the cup holder trim has to come off before the side trim panels - release the clips at the rear of the cup holders first to remove them

hey thanks for this!! I’ll give it a go and report back 😁
Old August 22nd, 2023, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Bubba1518
hey thanks for this!! I’ll give it a go and report back 😁
I just got a '23 Equinox and I hate that the only place for the USB data port is in front of the shifter. I also want to run a cable under the cup holder and drill a hole into the center console so I can put a USB hub in there.

So, did it work? You said you'd report back.