Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

22 Equinox Motor noises

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2023, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22 Equinox Motor noises

I purchased my 22 equinox in April of last year and it has had zero issues until yesterday. It started making loud clicking noises and engine is so loud I can hear it inside the car with windows up. Checked the oil and it’s fine. Have an appointment at the dealership to get it checked out. Any idea what it is? I was looking around pulleys but couldn’t see anything to make the clicking/knocking sound.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; June 15th, 2023 at 1:00 PM.
Old June 15th, 2023, 6:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by EquinoxRS
I purchased my 22 equinox in April of last year and it has had zero issues until yesterday. It started making loud clicking noises and engine is so loud I can hear it inside the car with windows up. Checked the oil and it’s fine. Have an appointment at the dealership to get it checked out. Any idea what it is? I was looking around pulleys but couldn’t see anything to make the clicking/knocking sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k8fHPKWqp4
It sounded normal to me except for the clanking heard around the 0:15-0:20 mark. I'd take it back to the dealership and show them the video. It's hard to say what the sound was. It kinda sounds like the A/C clutch acting wonky or a bad water pump, but I can't tell what the source of the noise is.
The following users liked this post:
EquinoxRS (June 20th, 2023)
Old June 20th, 2023, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
It sounded normal to me except for the clanking heard around the 0:15-0:20 mark. I'd take it back to the dealership and show them the video. It's hard to say what the sound was. It kinda sounds like the A/C clutch acting wonky or a bad water pump, but I can't tell what the source of the noise is.
Had an appointment with the dealership at 1:30. Have to go back Thursday so they can replace a fuel injector. Car started saying service ESC and I showed them the pic, but they said nothing showed up about that when they had it back diagnosing.