Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Abs & traction control lights on 2006 equinox

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2015, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs & traction control lights on 2006 equinox

My wife and son was in an accident due to the abs & traction control lights. I called Chevy and asked them why they didn't put a recall on this problem and they said it was because they need a lot more peril to call in and report it. So if you have had this problem my wife has started a petition to get this recalled done. If your like us we don't like spending a bunch of money trying to fix a problem. We are 1000.00 dollars into it and it's still not fixed. if you want to sign the petition which I hope yall do go to https://www.change.org/p/chevorlet-d...ction-control? Please let's get this signed and make Chevy live up to the equinox being the safest suv out there.
Old October 16th, 2015, 8:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

Please explain how a traction and abs light being on would cause an accident? Was the check engine light on also?
Old October 16th, 2015, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
Please explain how a traction and abs light being on would cause an accident? Was the check engine light on also?
Yes the check engine light was on. The abs wasn't working. That's why the lights were on. If you look up on the abs and traction control lights the equinox has a major problem wrong with it. I brought it to many different mechanics and all of them hasn't been able to figure it out. I brought it to trapp Chevrolet and they said it was a wheel speed sensor that they would change for 500.00 and it was only a 82.00 part. I changed it and the light went off but 9 miles later it's back on doing the same thing. I've spent 1000.00 so far trying to fix this problem and nothing is fixing it.
Old October 16th, 2015, 1:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

Certain powertrain faults can disable the abs and traction control system. So the abs and traction system can be 100% fault free but be disabled due to an powertrain fault....a engine misfire for example.

Not sure if you are interested in repair help but if you are; post the powertrain codes and the abs/traction dtc.

How did this fault cause an accident?