Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Android Auto and 2019 Equinox Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2021, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Auto and 2019 Equinox Head Unit

I always used Android Auto in my 2019 Equinox Premium with my Galaxy S9+ with a USB cable. However I read somewhere that Android Auto would now work via a Bluetooth or wifi connection with newer Android phones. I was hoping that would be the case with my new Galaxy S21+. Not working. Is it that the 2019 Equinox head unit will not support wireless Android Auto (at least without an update) or that I need to take extra steps to set it up?
Old February 6th, 2021, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmozer
I always used Android Auto in my 2019 Equinox Premium with my Galaxy S9+ with a USB cable. However I read somewhere that Android Auto would now work via a Bluetooth or wifi connection with newer Android phones. I was hoping that would be the case with my new Galaxy S21+. Not working. Is it that the 2019 Equinox head unit will not support wireless Android Auto (at least without an update) or that I need to take extra steps to set it up?
It won't work. Not only does the phone have to support wireless Android Auto the head unit has to also. They didn't have that in 2019 and most cars still don't support it. There are some adapters out there that plug into the USB and claim to do it but none of the reviewers seem to be able to get them to work correctly. If there was one that worked I would already have one.