Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Anyone have advice about Timing Chain replacement? 2013 Chevy Equinox

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2023, 5:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have advice about Timing Chain replacement? 2013 Chevy Equinox

Have had problems with my equinox lately. 2 different mechanics have told me it’s The timing chain , however 1 is too busy to get to such a big job right now cause he’s short handed in staff. The other wants $1,200 for parts and labor. However. He has also told me. That this may now fix it. That it may have Bent Valves , and that there is no way of knowing until the timing chain is intact .

I asked him , well if there is problems with the valves what kinda price may I be looking at on top of the $1,200. Am pretty much I got a , “I don’t know” for an answer.

That it has to be checked and could possibly have problems that can’t be detected until the engine is disassembled. There is no way of knowing until it’s inspected once it’s taken apart. The chain would have to be mounted onto the engine to be able to tell about the compression and condition of the engine internals.

So now that I’ve told y’all my problem, I’m jus taking a chance to see has anyone had this done to their equinox ? And what was the outcome ?

Any help or clarification on this would be greatly greatly appreciated , thanks