Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

backup camera

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2016, 1:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default backup camera

2011 Equinox with the backup camera works then sometimes all I get are vertical lines. It has even been in R the camera working OK then the lines appear. I don't expect it's a connection problem because I have seen it switch while sitting still. Now I was in electronics, and because the camera and the display do come on , that rules out a power problem and even when the lines are on you can see they are superimposed over the video signal. It looks like an interference problem, but it has happened at various locations.
Old September 1st, 2016, 9:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello srp204,

Are you planning on making your servicing dealership aware of this camera concern? We would be more than happy to contact them on your behalf as they would be in the best position to diagnose and assess a repair plan. If this is something of interest, please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thank you!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 2nd, 2016, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two years ago the wife's Impala went in for that key recall, and after they did it the car still sitting in the service bay would not start,. They called the shop guy to come over, 10 minutes later he arrived and turned the key and it started. He turned to me and said " are you stupid or something" Later I read about pass lock problems and learned that if you have this problem the unit will reset itself in about 10 minutes. I will never go to another dealership to be insulted like that. Btw the guy at the service desk couldn't start it either and asked if I wanted to bring the car in the next day, just like that was standard practice.