Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Bluetooth without Onstar

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2018, 4:01 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth without Onstar

I just bought a 2014 Equinox and easily paired my phone to the vehicle's bluetooth feature. Can I complete hands free calls without subscribing to Onstar? If so, How?
Old October 26th, 2018, 8:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Danrs46
I just bought a 2014 Equinox and easily paired my phone to the vehicle's bluetooth feature. Can I complete hands free calls without subscribing to Onstar? If so, How?
Yes. You paired the phone to the vehicle. You just mount the phone on the dash and you are GTG.
Old December 27th, 2018, 6:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Danrs46
Short answer is yes. Once you pair the phone to the vehicle via Bluetooth you should good to go. We just bought a 2014 Equinox to replace her Journey (totaled) and wife had her phone paired and was using the hands free within minutes.

If your vehicle did not come with an owner's manual, you can download the manual from Chevrolet.com in pdf format. See section 7-22 through 7-32. Note - not all phones support all functions and not all phones work with the Bluetooth system.

Hope that helps.