Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Brake problems

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2019, 12:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey did you ever find the issue? I know this was a while back. My friend has the same issue , I work on cars as a side job. I flushed the system 2 large bottles of brake fluid, took apart the master cylinder, cleaned everything, same issue the brakes lock down slowly as the motor runs. It will release the brakes after I disconnect the vacuum line to the brake booster and press the brake peddle. I have read the brake booster can do that if a valve inside is malfunctioned.
Old March 13th, 2021, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Lee Thomas
Hey did you ever find the issue? I know this was a while back. My friend has the same issue , I work on cars as a side job. I flushed the system 2 large bottles of brake fluid, took apart the master cylinder, cleaned everything, same issue the brakes lock down slowly as the motor runs. It will release the brakes after I disconnect the vacuum line to the brake booster and press the brake peddle. I have read the brake booster can do that if a valve inside is malfunctioned.
I would like to know too as I am having the same issue with my 2006 Tahoe...