Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2018, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C problem

Have a 2012 equinox with ac problem. It would blow cold then it would go warm. Now its blowing hot. I thought it was low on freon but it's full. Hook up scan tool. The scan tool is showing -31° on the HVAC ambient temp. So I can only assume this sensor is bad but alldata is telling me it's in the ac/heater box. I swapped that sensor same reading. Anyone know if that sensor is in the headliner above drivers head ?
Old August 6th, 2018, 8:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnyringo
Have a 2012 equinox with ac problem. It would blow cold then it would go warm. Now its blowing hot. I thought it was low on freon but it's full. Hook up scan tool. The scan tool is showing -31° on the HVAC ambient temp. So I can only assume this sensor is bad but alldata is telling me it's in the ac/heater box. I swapped that sensor same reading. Anyone know if that sensor is in the headliner above drivers head ?
How did you determine that your A/C system was OK IRT the R-134 refrigerant levels and pressures?
Old August 6th, 2018, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

I have a robinair evacuate and charge machine. It takes 1.43 lbs and that's what evacuated.
Old August 6th, 2018, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

I was thinking it's the cabin temp sensor because it's showing -31°.
Old August 7th, 2018, 2:33 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnyringo
I was thinking it's the cabin temp sensor because it's showing -31°.
You are way ahead of most people who ask about A/C issues here. Could easily be the cabin temp sensor, I agree.