Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Canadian work like U.S.

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2012, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian work like U.S.

Can a 08 Canadian Nox. Headlight control be programmed to work like a U.S. Model? I have access to a Tech II scanner.
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

How would it be different?

US models have automatic headlights that work like DRL.
Old March 17th, 2012, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The U.S. models can override the auto light function. If you are driving at night you can move the selector to the parking light position and the headlight will turn off and the parking light stay on. Or you can shut them off completely if you chose. In Canada this can only be done with the transmission in the park position. When in drive, we cannot override the auto light settings.
Old March 18th, 2012, 2:11 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mynox
The U.S. models can override the auto light function. If you are driving at night you can move the selector to the parking light position and the headlight will turn off and the parking light stay on. Or you can shut them off completely if you chose. In Canada this can only be done with the transmission in the park position. When in drive, we cannot override the auto light settings.
I doubt anyone on here would have knowledge about changing such an obscure setting. The only way you could find out is to hook up the Tech-II and try to find such an adjustment.

I'd guess that this feature is part of the the BCM's programming and cannot be changed by itself. It may be possible to re-flash the BCM for a US setup, but your buddy with the Tech-II would need find out for you. Furthermore, if you reside in Canada it may be illegal to make such a change, so he/she may refuse to do it as a result.

Unless you have a really good reason to make these changes, I don't think it would be worthwhile to pursue them..

The only reason I could think of to shut off the headlights while driving would be to flash headlights at a semi that is ahead of you to inform them it is ok to merge into your lane. I seldom find myself in a situation where this would be helpful though.