Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

can't get into my car

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2017, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't get into my car

The driver side door handle on my 07 equinox was broken off. My cars battery has died. I can only unlock my car from the driver side with key, but can't open door because handle is gone.
Old June 30th, 2017, 5:15 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

You have two options:

1) Squeeze a wire through the driver's door jamb to pull the interior door latch and open the door.

2) Temporarily connect a battery charger to the starter solenoid. This will allow you to use the keyless remote to unlock all the doors. Connect the positive lead of the battery charger to the large terminal on the starter solenoid that has the battery cable connected to it [and is not the same one that is directly connected to the starter]. Connect the ground to a metal part of the engine or transmission. Be careful to not connect the positive lead to the other two terminals on the starter solenoid. Also, be careful and avoid touching the positive cable to any metal part of the vehicle and connect the ground cable last. A fully charged jump starter/battery booster, or even a pair of jumper cables connected to another vehicle should also work if a battery charger can't be used. If using a battery charger, set it to at least the 10 amp output setting.