Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Class-action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2021, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Class-action lawsuit

While having the engine disassembled to replace faulty piston assemblies that caused excessive oil consumption (a recalled issue) it was found the high-pressure fuel pump was leaking. It was also found that the exhaust manifold was cracked and the O2 sensor and catalytic converter were worn sufficiently to warrant replacement. It was commented that the fuel in the lubricating oil due to the leaking high-pressure fuel pump likely enriched the exhaust via the pcv system to overheat the exhaust manifold, O2 sensor, and converter.

The total cost of repairs, not covered by the faulty piston assembly, claim # 2304031, would consist of replacement of high-pressure fuel pump, exhaust manifold, O2 sensor, the catalytic converter. The O2 sensor was in recall and I have had the exhaust manifold replaced at my own expense unknowing about the above chain of issues that are caused by the piston ring failure; not to mention the most recent issue of the StabiliTrak/Reduced Engine Power that causes a vehicle to stop anytime without warning, which is potentially very dangerous.

Enough is enough with this Ecotech engine disaster. It's one repair after the other. It's time to take action! Please join me in a class action against GM. Contact the Gibbs Law Group, as I have, to request that they initiate a class action against GM for the above issues that are all related one to the other.

GM not only wants consumers to purchase their cars, but they also want you to have all of your services completed at their shops, and repairs as well--the repairs that they are responsible for. I believe this is appropriately called "fleecing" of Americans. You can reach the Gibbs Law Group, which has been successful in suits against GM in the past, at 800.254.9493.