Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Codes p0204 p0304 p0404 p1404 Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2019, 3:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Codes p0204 p0304 p0404 p1404 Need Help!!

So I just bought this 06 equinox & it had been sitting awhile. The previous owner apparently changed egr valve & the mechanic I hired changed the 4 fuel injector & cleaned the throttle body. It’ll stall sometimes and smell of gas afterwards but will start back. Seems like it stalls more often after refueling. Drove it for an hour from mechanic shop with no problem. Otherwise runs pretty good, egr error reads -97% every time I scan it. Also the plugs & wires were checked by the mechanic (so he said) don’t know what else to do but reset the ECM which I pulled the fuse awhile ago
Old April 29th, 2019, 6:32 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane Wood
So I just bought this 06 equinox & it had been sitting awhile. The previous owner apparently changed egr valve & the mechanic I hired changed the 4 fuel injector & cleaned the throttle body. It’ll stall sometimes and smell of gas afterwards but will start back. Seems like it stalls more often after refueling. Drove it for an hour from mechanic shop with no problem. Otherwise runs pretty good, egr error reads -97% every time I scan it. Also the plugs & wires were checked by the mechanic (so he said) don’t know what else to do but reset the ECM which I pulled the fuse awhile ago
If you're stll getting P0204 after replacing the fuel injector, either the injector that was installed is bad or you have a wiring problem.
Old April 29th, 2019, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
If you're stll getting P0204 after replacing the fuel injector, either the injector that was installed is bad or you have a wiring problem.
I'm thinking maybe it might be something to do with the way they wired the egr they replaced before I bought it. Or the ecm or battery
Old April 29th, 2019, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

I’ve seen a couple posts that say that the computer can act nuts when the battery is low. Does that sound like a symptom? I don’t understand why it’s always cylinder 4 and not random. The mechanic had said that the wiring was pretty “rigged” looking on the egr could that be linked to a cylinder 4 misfire? Or maybe a bad ecm? This doesn’t make sense to me. I’m getting a sore spot from scratching my head!