Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Do I want an Equinox??

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2012, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I want an Equinox??

Hey guys,

I'd like to hear from current Nox owners about their experiences with their cars. I'm looking at getting a current generation model LT2 or LTZ most likely.

Please let me know what you think of your car so I can get a feel from actual owners if they are satisfied or not.

I currently have a 2010 CRV that I'm not a huge fan of. The road noise is ridiculous and I just don't like it as much as I had hoped to. I've become a huge fan of the styling of the current model Equinox and I can't believe how many of them I see on the road now.

Your opinions will help determine if my next car is a Chevy or not. I want to get back into a GM but I need some reassurance that the Nox is a good car.

Thanks!
John
Old December 28th, 2012, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

bump.
Old December 29th, 2012, 7:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

I work at a gm dealership so you may feel my opion is biased.

The latest model design is fairly new (2008 or 2009 it started I belive) therefore I haven't seen anyone do anything but oil changes.

The ecotec engine is the best engine chevy makes in my opinion. Its been around for 10 years and its reliability is proven.

I get 47mpg (100% highway driving, Imperial gallon) in my 2.2 2005 cavalier ecotec. I have not had any powertrain problems and am at 250 000km. The Nox 2.4 ecotec is basically the same engine but with direct injection.

If you need more power get the 3.0L engine package.

Last edited by tech2; December 29th, 2012 at 7:37 AM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Hi and thank you for your input! My main concern is reliability of the entire vehicle. I currently have a 2010 CRV and although I'm not in love with it by any means, I think it's safe to say it will not disappoint in the reliability department. We also own an '08 Saturn Vue which is the same platform as the Equinox of the same year and it has had its share of issues. Between replacing the power steering rack twice, power steering pump, radio, wiper transmission, rear wiper acting funny, transmission leaking so bad it ended up needing to be rebuilt, we are now getting a minor smell of coolant in the car ( I think that's everything), it's been a little frustrating. All those things aside, we still love the car and feel that it is a much nicer driving car than the CRV. I would love to swap the CRV for a current generation Equinox but since the Equinox is pretty similar to the Vue, we are a bit hesitant. I think that's being pretty understandable.