Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
Old August 7th, 2015, 7:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Driver's power window inoperative

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2012, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a 2006 Equinox. Just died driving down the road. thought it was fuel pump. windows quit working. finally changed the relay for the windows and the car started. thought we had it fixed, it went about 10 miles and did the same thing again. windows won't work and car won't start HELP
Old December 4th, 2012, 1:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by harbuckusedcars@gmail.com
have a 2006 Equinox. Just died driving down the road. thought it was fuel pump. windows quit working. finally changed the relay for the windows and the car started. thought we had it fixed, it went about 10 miles and did the same thing again. windows won't work and car won't start HELP
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> harbuckusedcars@gmail.com,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Were you able to get the vehicle to a certified technician for diagnosis?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Took my 2009 Equinox to dealer for same problem yesterday. They said there was
broken wires where it comes through door post to door and they had a harness in
stock for only 560 dollars. Had them put door back together at 47 dollars
Apparently is problem in workmanship or design
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Talking Thank you Oleg1981!

I have a 2006 Equinox and I was having the same issue with my power window and lock on my driver's side. Once i followed your steps, I noticed 3 wires were cut! I did what you suggested and it only cost me $13! I went to walmart and brought a crimper tool ($5.47)and a kit of electrical wire connectors ($6.87). I have never done this type of work before so it took me 1.5 hours to complete the whole repair. I was so excited that my power window and lock worked! The dealer wanted $150 just to look at it! I think this was the cause of low voltage drain on my battery that was being detected by Autozone. I think it also fixed my starting ignition problems. I recently would have to attempt to start my car a couple of times and hit the gas pedal for the car to start. I took it to Tire Kingdom and they couldnt find anything wrong for $110 just for the diagnostics! Today AFTER i repaired the broken wires, my car has started on the 1st attempt the 6 times i have started it! I am keeping my fingers crossed that that was the issue. Again, thank you so much for your post and the pictures were so helpful.
Old May 25th, 2013, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

WOW, Three broken and about three four skinned and ready to go on the much less used passenger door. 2008 Equinox Sport. I'm wondering if this could be the reason I keep burning out turn signal bulbs? lThanks for posting this!! Saved me money and time. Chevy, WTF??

Off to get some splicing
Old May 25th, 2013, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Finished the passenger wires and works good now. So I went to inspect the drivers side and low & behold; there was already a butt splice on a wire there. I bought the car new, so I have to assume Chevy did this splice at the factory. Shouldnt this have lit a lamp there?
Old May 26th, 2013, 4:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

soldering or butt connectors put in the area where the wires bend will be a short term temporary fix. The wires will bend and flex at the end of the soldered or butt connector and break again.

The proper way to fix this is to run new wirinng and put the butt connector or solder in an area where the wire does not flex.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

My wife's 03 blazer is having the same problem. sometimes the driver's window works and sometimes it doesn't. Will investigate and will let you know but from what I have been reading it sounds like broken wires as well. And to think I was gonna take it to a dealer and get raped. Haven't been on this site much but I'm finding out we share the same problems. thanks for the tip on the wires.
Old July 18th, 2013, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Chuzz!!!
3 broken wires!!!! On my 2008 Equinox
Old July 29th, 2013, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Going to have someone check the wiring out. I think the window is also off the track.

Quick Reply: Driver's power window inoperative