Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Drivers window whistling

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2010, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers window whistling

Hello All, my first post. Have an 09 Equinox Sport that I have an ongoing problem with the drivers window whistling at highway speeds. It's been back to 2 different dealers for repair, but always seems to return after a few weeks. Is this a common issue or rare with the EQ ? I did a search but didn't see anything. Thanks in advance.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

I've browsed all the available forums on the net covering the Nox, and this is the first time I've heard this complaint. If it isn't the obvious (worn or misaligned door seal) then you might want to have the dealer check to see if the door itself needs adjustment. If it isn't closing flush with the body (either too far in or out) then that could certainly cause a whistling at speed.
Old September 14th, 2010, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JoeNox
I've browsed all the available forums on the net covering the Nox, and this is the first time I've heard this complaint. If it isn't the obvious (worn or misaligned door seal) then you might want to have the dealer check to see if the door itself needs adjustment. If it isn't closing flush with the body (either too far in or out) then that could certainly cause a whistling at speed.
Thank you for your effort JoeNox. My wife said it didn't do it today, so now I'm a little confused. Maybe I'll try cleaning the seals on the door and window and lubricating with silicone spray. If not, back to the dealer and I'll suggest your thoughts.
Old September 14th, 2010, 9:00 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Silicone spray helps. Our Equinox only whistles if it is really windy out, like 30+ MPH winds. The whistle comes from the upper rear corner of either front door depending on which way the wind is blowing.
Old September 16th, 2010, 9:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 06 Nox

Have this problem with my 06 Nox but I would've think GM's resolved it with the later models. Is it really bad? I just crank up my music and like ruley said, it only whistles when it's really windy outside.
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lbcepe
Have this problem with my 06 Nox but I would've think GM's resolved it with the later models. Is it really bad? I just crank up my music and like ruley said, it only whistles when it's really windy outside.
Yeah, they have fixed it. I have a 2010 Nox and it has the least wind noise of any vehicle I have ever owned.
Old September 17th, 2010, 4:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by JoeNox
Yeah, they have fixed it. I have a 2010 Nox and it has the least wind noise of any vehicle I have ever owned.
Yup! There you go. I heard the new one was a real winner, well basing from the reviews I've read. How you likin' it? Do you have the 4 or the 6?
Old September 17th, 2010, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Hasn't done it now for a few days. Didn't try the silicone yet but plan to on the weekend. Forgot to mention there was a trickle of water that came in between the glass and the seal at the upper front part of the window when I went through a touch free car wash. This was the same day I had the noise. Thanks for the replies, and I'll update if there are any changes.
Old September 17th, 2010, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lbcepe
Yup! There you go. I heard the new one was a real winner, well basing from the reviews I've read. How you likin' it? Do you have the 4 or the 6?
I've got the 4 and I really like it so far...and this is the first domestic I've owned in over 20 years. I test drove nearly all the competition from Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai and Ford...they all had things I liked, but none of them was the complete package like the Equinox. GM really is competing with the imports these days..and not just because they say so.