Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

DRL & Low Beam HID lights not working all the time.

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2016, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL & Low Beam HID lights not working all the time.

A few months ago I bought a 2008 Equinox Sport it's a beautiful car and very powerful, but my issue has to deal with the lights. Last week both low beam lights went out so I went to the auto store for replacements little did I know the previous owner installed HID light kit. So I had to order new dual beam bulbs as no one around here carries just the bulbs all fuses checked and are fine. Well I installed the new bulbs last Wednesday and they still did not work so Friday I took everything apart and started over (wires, lights, wire off battery and so on) well the lights came back on problem solved. Today I made several stops lights are fine until tonight DRL did not come on, dash lights did not come on the Auto setting when I moved dial to lights on dash lights came on but no low beams, high beams have always worked. Now what to I take everything apart again, I have googled the question but some say it's a relay (I see no DRL relay labeled in the fuse box , resister, or a switch that is located in the steering column. Can you help me I am frustrated now.