Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox air compressor problems

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2012, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Equinox air compressor problems

I have a 2006 Equinox. I bought it certified pre-owned which i am glad i did. The air conditioner has been acting up since the day i bought it. First it froze up and spit out pieces of ice and then wouldnt blow cold air. I took it to a dealership and they fixed it but it took 6 visits for them to figure out the problem. After they fixed that problem the compressor starting turning on and off every 15 - 20 seconds. I have taken it into the dealership probably another 5-6 times to fix that one problem. They cannot firgure it out. I talked to the manager of the service department and he has no idea what could be causing it. He said that GM said it was normal but that he doesnt think its normal. You can feel the compressor shift every 15-20 seconds so its extrememly annoying and very rough riding.

Anyone have any idea what it could be or ever heard of this before? Its been over a year now and its still not fix.
Old October 26th, 2012, 3:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> FATCOOKIE,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Equinox vehicle. Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into the further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 26th, 2012, 6:18 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it either has a low charge (not likely as may times as the have looked at it) or it is protecting itself from high pressure. You really need to hook up a set of AC gauges and post the high and low pressures
Old July 20th, 2016, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 equinox not blowing cold air compressor is on, complete charge

I need help. My ac is blowing hot on my 2010 equinox lt2. Compressor is working, fully charged. Please help.

QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;230784]<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> FATCOOKIE,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Equinox vehicle. Would you please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into the further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service[/QUOTE]