Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox Quirk

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2008, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox Quirk

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have an '07 Equinox, white, 3LT with every available option except navigation. Here's my problem:

When someone besides me drives the Equinox, they have to use the key to unlock it. That's fine, no problem. But when they do this, the horn will honk intermittently. It is really annoying and if you don't stick the key in the ignition, the security system will go off.

Why did they do this? Secondly and most important, how can I get rid of this? Thanks for any and all suggestions/comments.
Old September 1st, 2008, 9:13 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Equinox Quirk

buy a second key fob. The content theft alarmdisarms with the transmitters only. Most vehicles will disarm when the key is turned in the outside lock switch. But they have chosen to not use that feature and the only way to disarm the alarm is to unlock with the transmitter, or present a valid key into the ignition and turn it on
Old September 17th, 2009, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keys

its my understanding that the keys these days are still digitally encoded even though you dont see a chip anywhere on it, im pretty sure when i got my keys made at my dealer they programmed the keys