Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox run around

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2011, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Equinox run around

Good morning....Here we go! Today marks the 7th time I've dropped my piece of "Chevy" Equinox off at the dealership for the abs/traction control warning light problem. We have replaced the hubs and wiring harness already with no resolution. I have contacted Chevy and made a formal complaint. What I can not understand is why this isn't a safety issue? I have a REALLY hard time stopping my Equinox. Is that NOT a safety issue? I guess it doesn't qualify if no one has died as a result of it.
I realize that my car is not under warranty anymore, but if I have a problem with my car and I take it to a Chevy "certified" mechanic 7 times and they can't solve the problem then it should be Chevy's problem NOT mine. The dealership has been wonderful. This is not the dealership where I purchased my car. They conveniently went out of business a month after I bought my car. I never received my years free oil changes or tire rotations. So I have to go to a dealership approximately 50 miles away. They have tried to accommodate me at every visit and I appreciate that so much I brought them doughnuts this morning.
So what to do? I am totally aggravated by this whole situation. It has been a MAJOR inconvenience. If I didn't owe so much money on this piece of "Chevy" Equinox I'd drive it off a cliff and go buy a Ford.
I see by blogs that I'm not the only one who has this on going problem. I can only hope that some one is lucky enough to find a solution and pass it on to me and Chevy because like me Chevy doesn't know what the hell is going on.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

georgene13,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I see you have made a formal complaint. Did you get a number that starts with a 71-? If so, what is it? I would like to look into this for you.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 12th, 2011, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

When I spoke to a customer service rep on 7/19/2011 I was NEVER given a number. Maybe it was given to me, but the fact that she barely spoke English prevented me from understanding what she was saying.
I had my car at the dealership AGAIN on Wednesday. He changed out the wiring harness AGAIN and told me he felt as though this would correct the problem AGAIN!! Needless to say the TC control light popped right back on on my drive home! The Equinox fun never ends!
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

georgene13,

Could you please provide me with your VIN? I want to see if you have a case in our database at all. In the event that I do make you another case, I will put in the notes that you would like someone who speaks English well.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service