Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Evening Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2019, 8:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Evening Maintenance

Well, good productive evening. Picked up on a 2017 Nox 2.4 with 32K miles on it last weekend. Changed air filter, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, did a CRC intake valve cleaner procedure. Changed the diff and transfer lube. Just have a transmission fluid change left to do and a cabin air filter. This little gem is pretty easy to work on compared to some out there.

Throttle body was a bit nastier than I expected, but easy to pull off, clean up, and put back on. 5-10 minute job to clean the throttle body, even faster if one is in a hurry. Probably will make it a 10-15k mile repeat deal and do the CRC Intake Valve cleaning as added insurance just to stay on top of the nasty associated with a GDI motor.
Old April 27th, 2019, 1:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a note on the transfer and diff lube change.... if anyone thinks it is not necessary or can wait till 100K miles or whatever, all it takes is changing it out and seeing how nasty things are. At 32K, the differential lube looked terrible and there was a lot of residue collected on the magnetic plug. The transfer lube looked a little better, but there was a lot of residue collected on the magnetic plug. It is such an easy job to do and only takes about 1.5 qt of 75w90 lube to do both the transfer and diff. Drain and fill plugs are 10mm Allen wrench and very accessible.

I backed the Nox up on Rhino ramps, jacked up the front to level out the Nox and put jack stands under both sides. Rolled around on a creeper underneath and did the job in about 20 minutes just to let things drip for a while. Could easily do the job in half that time if in a hurry.

Darn, this vehicle is one easy one to work on! Makes me feel better about getting it.

Last edited by Cowpie; April 27th, 2019 at 1:31 PM.