Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Gauge Illumination and other electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2014, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Illumination and other electrical issues

Ok people. Bought this car in April this year. Have had the heater core replaced, head gaskets replaced and other small issues. My girlfriend is so fed up with the place that we bought it from that she wont let me take it down there anymore. So the last few problems that we have are half the gauge illumination is not working. The speedometer lights up fine, and all the needles on the gauges work, but the back light on the tach stopped working and the lights for the heater control ***** stopped working. Next to go out was the HVAC blower motor. Just quit working a couple days ago, then started working the next morning for a bit and quit again. Personally, I'm thinking that we bought a POS and we'll be having to go to court to resolve the costs we've had to put out. But if we're stuck with it, then I'd like to figure out how to fix these little problems and move on with my life. Any help???
Old June 4th, 2014, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't say, "Did you check the fuses?" I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm a little sharper than the hammer that is going to ask that question.
Old June 5th, 2014, 6:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you buy? New/used? Sounds like used and you'll need to fight to get your money back. Better Business Bureau might be a good place to start.