Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Grill Emblem Replacement for 2013 Chevy Equinox LS

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2017, 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Grill Emblem Replacement for 2013 Chevy Equinox LS

I recently got a great deal on a used 2013 Chevy Equinox LS. I love the vehicle and everything about it. The only thing that bugs me is that there is some black spots over the Chevy bow tie emblem on the grill. It is under the protective plastic and almost looks like it could be mold.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Is there a way to easily replace the emblem for this model and get another one for cheap? I saw some YouTube videos on removing the emblem on older models, but I don't want to risk damaging anything before I know exactly how to do it.

Thanks!
Old December 19th, 2017, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 with the same issue. The emblem has discolored.
Old December 26th, 2017, 5:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I just hit a deer in my Da Wife's '05, and while I didn't have this particular issue, I do know the emblem is separate from the chrome plastic molding.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...omponents-scat

It's probably held on with double sided tape. I'll know more when it gets to me, later this week.
Old December 26th, 2017, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Just bought one from my dealer$42 bucks w/ Tax .You have to peel the old one off and the 3 pins go into the holes for a proper alignment. The hardest part is cleaning the adhesive off from the old one.