Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Headlight oem/aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2019, 1:40 PM
ole
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight oem/aftermarket

2007 Equinox, driver side headlight broke, I'm guessing a rock or someone backed into it. Are aftermarket headlights any good because oem's are too expensive for my daughter. Need recommendations please.
Old June 9th, 2019, 2:53 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ole
2007 Equinox, driver side headlight broke, I'm guessing a rock or someone backed into it. Are aftermarket headlights any good because oem's are too expensive for my daughter. Need recommendations please.
I installed a pair of TYC (NSF certified) replacements in our Equinox a couple years ago. They seem to be pretty good quality, and have fared well so far. No problems with leaks/condensation whatsoever.

I have a couple tips for replacing the headlamp assemblies...

1) Don't forget to adjust the vertical alignment after installing the new headlamps.

2) Get some new clips for the chrome (plastic) front grille bracket. I guarantee you will break more than one when removing the grille. I bought about 25 clips from Amazon for $7. The grille only uses 8 of the clips, but the replacements will break too after they age so keep the extras in a safe place.