Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Heat blend door and actuator

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2010, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat blend door and actuator

So the heat blend door is broken, lame. Looks like 12+ hours. Question is do I need to replace the actuator, how can I tell if it is broken? Is this the reason the blend door broke?
I am going to follow this, any tips?
http://www.handymanlyness.com/archiv...6_Equinox.html
Old October 11th, 2010, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

I just replaced the blend door and actuator on my '06 Equinox. I had it done by a dealer. They said the door broke because the actuator over-extended, putting stress on the blend door shaft. It broke where the shaft seats into the actuator. They had my car for 3 days. It cost approximately $1,000. I considered fixing myself, but the repair entails taking your entire dash apart. This is an obvious (apparently not to GM) design flaw. I requested assistance from GM Customer Service, but they would not help me. I only have 35,000 miles on the vehicle so I better not be in the same position at 70,000 miles.
Old October 12th, 2010, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

I did it. It took around 15ish hours. 3 because I put the wiring in front of the crossframe. It can be done if you just follow that link. I know I cant imagine if that part breaks again in the future. Couldnt imagine doing it again. I dont have the actuator in yet since I had to order that.
Does anyone know if there is some type of calibration that needs to happen with it or can I just put it in?
Old October 12th, 2010, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Congrats to you for doing yourself. Good luck with it. I submitted a complaint to the NHTSB claiming the design is flawed and poses a safety concern. I know that I may be reaching for straws, but you never know.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Need help immediatly

We replaced the blend door on my 2006 chevy equinox we re-assembled and now upon starting the car the wipers go for about 2mins when they're not even on the switch is off but both front and rear are gong constantly....headlights will not work.....fan will not work so we couldn't even tell if the heat was working after installing the blend door because no air was pushing out you can hear the actuator turning the blend door...but again there is no air forcing out....mirror adjusters will not work....gear lights blink when turning on and off brights...but brights will not turn on....we're thinking it's the BCM but we need to know how to reset it....any advice?????