Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Hello - I have a mess...

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2018, 5:38 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hello - I have a mess...

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum. I had the alternator, serpentine belt, pulley and belt tension thing (i'm no mechanic) replaced recently. I made the mistake of taking it to the dealership for the initial diagnosis but had a local mechanic perform the repairs. When I took it to the dealership it was making a loud noise in addition the sunroof drain tubes seemed to be stopped up and when it rained it soaked the floor mats. Anyway, now that we have the vehicle back something is draining the battery. It seems that sometimes it can go a couple of days and crank each time but on other days I have to jump it to get it to start. I have had the alternator and starter both tested (at advanced) and both tested good. However, during one of the tests the guy said the voltage dropped to 0 (like a switch was flipped) and then read fine. I have noticed that sometimes when we start the vehicle (when it decides to cold crank) it seems sluggish; i believe this is to the battery being weak. The battery has been tested by walmart and advanced and tested good at both places. On top of this, the Service Stabilitrak, ABS light and another stabilitrak message appear at all times now. The vehicles runs fine otherwise. I have had the EGR valve replaced about a year ago which fixed the stabilitrak issue before. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than selling the darn thing (it's paid off so that's not happening). Thank you in advance.