Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

key stuck pleaaaase help

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2017, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key stuck pleaaaase help

My key is stuck in ignition and the car seems to be dead. I tried to jump with a portable but it says battery is at 77% and does nothing. no lights nothing. help tow wants to charge $250 due to flooding in the area.
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenyatta Watts
My key is stuck in ignition and the car seems to be dead. I tried to jump with a portable but it says battery is at 77% and does nothing. no lights nothing. help tow wants to charge $250 due to flooding in the area.
You probably had a weak connection when you tried using the jump pack. Be sure to squeeze the clamps and turn them a little bit to make sure the teeth on the clamps bite good. The positive cable should be connected to the stud protruding from the fuse box (usually marked with a red plastic cover) and the negative cable should be connected to a metal part of the engine for a more direct ground connection to the starter. Of course, you can always remove the battery cover and connect the clamps to the battery terminals too.