Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

need door wiring harness pinout

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2013, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need door wiring harness pinout

The driver's side door lock actuator on my '05 equinox is not working (the switch is fine, the other doors lock and unlock, and both manual mechanisms work). I opened up the door hoping to be able to just put my voltmeter on the wires leading to the actuator to make sure it's actually bad before ordering a replacement, but gave up when I realized I can't reach the actuator well enough to remove its plug and it seems it will be a big job to pull it out.

So my next best thing is to at least check the harness connector at the door jamb, but I can't find any pinouts to tell me which pins to check. Anyone have this?

Also, is there a trick to disconnecting it? I really wedged a screwdriver in there and actually pulled the jamb-side of the connector out of its hole, which led me to the secret little pin that holds the connector shut. I don't want to break it trying that again if there's an easier way.
Old July 21st, 2013, 3:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

the wires in the door to the a-pillar will be broken. Open the door, pull the rubber loom back and inspect.