Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

No sound from speakers

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Impala . my radio is working with stations coming on and cd player working . but no sound.... I found plenty of ideas on the web to repair this problem ... and the one that is most common , is the orange wires under the carpet corroded
. is this something GM will pay for or fix ...
Old August 3rd, 2014, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2012 lt equinox and the only speaker that works is the driver door speaker the rest don't work ??
Old August 3rd, 2014, 11:38 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 1qazxsw2
I have a 2012 lt equinox and the only speaker that works is the driver door speaker the rest don't work ??
Check the Balance and Fader settings on the radio.
Old August 4th, 2014, 5:52 AM
CF Beginner

I did check that but it is not the problem ,they may be disconnected or do they have a separate fuse ??
Old August 4th, 2014, 1:52 PM
CF Pro Member

Did you just buy this vehicle or have you had it a while and the other speakers just suddenly stopped working?
Old August 4th, 2014, 4:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1qazxsw2

Hello there!

I am sorry you are having this concern with your driver door speaker. Anything we can do to help? Have you contacted your dealership? You are welcome to reach out to us via PM if you'd like our help!

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 29th, 2014, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default No sound from speakers either!

I also have a 2005 equinox whose speakers went. The radio and cd are working properly, but I get no sound. I did get bumped in the rear passenger side and it did happen shortly after that. I wonder if that is related. I have checked ail connections to the radio and they are fine. Don't know where to start from here. .

Originally Posted by equinox05
Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, there is no sound coming out of ANY speaker in the entire vehicle. I took it back to the body shop and told me the only thing they did was disconnect the battery during the repaint. Understandably, they haven't got a clue what happened either. I'm just trying to understand what may have caused all speakers to stop working or determine where to start troubleshooting. Is there a main connection between the stereo system and all seven speakers? Like I said, the CD and radio operate fine but there's no sound in the vehicle. Thanks.
Old August 29th, 2014, 8:41 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Tanya
I also have a 2005 equinox whose speakers went. The radio and cd are working properly, but I get no sound. I did get bumped in the rear passenger side and it did happen shortly after that. I wonder if that is related. I have checked ail connections to the radio and they are fine. Don't know where to start from here. .
If you took a hit in the door jamb, the speaker wires may be shorted. This will cause the radio (or external amp if you have factory subwoofer) to go into protect mode (no sound output) until the short goes away.

If you have the factory subwoofer, then you should also check the fuse for the factory amplifier.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default no sound from speakers

07 equinox I have tried everything suggested and still no sound from speakers. Changed my stock stereo for another stock stereo, changed amplifier for another stock amplifier, looked at all fuses, inside vehicle and under good. Still nothing. So frustrated. About ayear ago sound started sporadically cutting out, until it just got worse to apoint where there wad no sound at all? Any other ideas?
Old January 22nd, 2015, 7:31 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Alain
07 equinox I have tried everything suggested and still no sound from speakers. Changed my stock stereo for another stock stereo, changed amplifier for another stock amplifier, looked at all fuses, inside vehicle and under good. Still nothing. So frustrated. About ayear ago sound started sporadically cutting out, until it just got worse to apoint where there wad no sound at all? Any other ideas?
I'm thinking that your factory amp isn't receiving a turn-on signal.

The wire that provides the turn-on signal is the white wire located at pin 6 in the C1 factory radio plug and pin 8 in the C3 plug at the factory amplifier. Check for voltage on this wire at the amp. I believe you should get a reading of around 12 volts when the radio is turned on just like the remote lead on an aftermarket radio would provide, but I'm not 100% certain of this. If you get a reading near zero volts then obviously that's your problem, regardless of what the voltage should be. Please let me know what you find either way.

Did you also check the 25A fuse for the factory amp in the instrument panel fuse block?

I've posted links to wiring diagrams for the factory radio & amplfier below to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Radio/Amp 1of2
Radio/Amp 2of2

Last edited by ruley73; January 22nd, 2015 at 7:41 PM.

Quick Reply: No sound from speakers