Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Paint code

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2021, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint code

I have a 2020 Equinox and I can't find the sticker that contains the paint code. I know that the usual location is in the glovebox but it is nowhere to be found in there. I've checked the door jams etc but can't find it. I wonder if they just forgot to put the sticker in my vehicle.
Old December 14th, 2021, 7:11 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevroletman
I have a 2020 Equinox and I can't find the sticker that contains the paint code. I know that the usual location is in the glovebox but it is nowhere to be found in there. I've checked the door jams etc but can't find it. I wonder if they just forgot to put the sticker in my vehicle.
GM stopped using the stickers with all the RPO codes and paint code starting with the 2018 model year vehicles. Look for a gray sticker with a black QR code on it in the driver's door jamb. If you scan the QR code with your phone or other mobile device you should be able to see all the RPO codes and the paint code. If all else fails, call your local dealership's parts department, give them the last eight digits of your VIN, and have them look up a container of touch up paint. The paint code is in the description of the touch-up paint listed for your VIN.
Old March 22nd, 2023, 7:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, I know this answer might come a bit late, but for others who might have the same question, I wanted to share my experience. I also had trouble finding the paint code for my car and had to resort to other methods. That's when I discovered Smart Engines OCR SDK, which is an AI-powered software development kit for optical character recognition. I used the SDK to scan my car's registration card, and it was able to read the text on the card accurately, including the paint code. It was such a convenient and easy way to find the code, and I highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling to find their car's paint code.

Last edited by BaliMoove; March 23rd, 2023 at 6:35 AM.