Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Pairing headphones to bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2020, 1:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pairing headphones to bluetooth

2019 Equinox
Can the bluetooth system be used to listen to radio over headphones? I tried to pair a headset to the bluetooth and it wouldn't pair. Anyone else tried it? I am hard of hearing and radio sounds like they have tincans for speakers..
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:49 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Xeroid
2019 Equinox
Can the bluetooth system be used to listen to radio over headphones? I tried to pair a headset to the bluetooth and it wouldn't pair. Anyone else tried it? I am hard of hearing and radio sounds like they have tincans for speakers..
There are no radios (OEM or aftermarket) that transmit audio via. They only receive audio. In most places it's illegal (and IMO unsafe) to wear headphones/earphones while driving anyways. I'd recommend adjusting the EQ (Bass/Mid/Treble) on the radio and/or upgrading the speakers for better sound quality.
The following users liked this post:
Xeroid (August 23rd, 2020)
Old August 23rd, 2020, 9:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the informative response. I'm aware of the headphone issue with it being legal or not. I'm curious how the bluetooth in the car communicats with the phone if it has no transmitter. My headset when it's paired with my phone and I'm listeing to music I can skip and pause. That means to me that the headset is communicating somehow. even tho it pairs as a reciever. I worked as a tech on two way radio years ago and have a rudimentary understanding of ow the WiFi systens work but not so much with bluetooth. Perhaps they've written the software to prohibit pairing with headsets?
Thanks again!!!
Ron