Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Passenger Seat Track

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2014, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ruley73 had the right idea. After trying again to remove the nuts by wedging the round bolt heads in place with no success, and having my wife move the lever up and down while I stuck my head and a flashlight on the floor looking at the track, I discovered a pen caught in the seat track! When I fished it out, everything worked fine. So I guess I'll never find out why GM uses round bolt heads, but, hopefully, I'll never need to know.

I contacted the friendly Chevy dealer, told them about their wrong diagnosis, and received an apology and a return of my initial $125 expense.

Thanks to the chevroletforum posters for all for their suggestions. <!-- / message -->
Old August 3rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi hseiff,

That is great news that you were able to resolve the issue with your seat by yourself. I am also happy to hear that you were able to contact the involved dealership and they apologized and reimbursed you the cost to diagnose your vehicle.

Have a great day!

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 4th, 2014, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jennifer:

Thanks...but for future reference, it would be nice to know how Chevrolet suggests removing the seat from the track (if it is jammed and won't slide on the track), given the round heads on the factory-installed bolts.

hseiff
Old August 4th, 2014, 8:39 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Hi hseiff,

You are welcome! Thank you for your feedback and I will pass it along to the correct department.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care