Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Please help 2007 chevy equinox issue

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2015, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help 2007 chevy equinox issue

Recently my 2007 Chevy Equinox temp gauge has been jumping all over...sometimes not working at all. My display yesterday said "Engine hot, turn off A/C". I have read numerous forums and I see everyone saying temp sensor, etc...

My local dealership just called and said my "coolant fan" was not working. I haven't seen this answer in all the things I've read! They are hitting me for my deductible.

Any help is appreciated!

ps. I don't mind it hitting my deductible, as long as this is what is REALLY wrong...and it doesn't keep happening!
Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default engine temperature.

More than likely the fan is not working because of a faulty sensor, it also supplies the ecm with temp level which signals the fan when to come on. If the gauge has been totally dropping out then the sensor or wiring harness are to blame.
Old December 24th, 2015, 12:06 AM
CF Veteran

I would also suspect the sensor first, if the fan isn't working you'd overheat not get erratic gauge readings.
Old February 29th, 2016, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same issues with mine. Had a short in the fan. Independent mechanic fixed it and the thermostat was bad which was causing the engine hot/ac off message. My husband replaced it and it has been working fine. So far so good!
Old March 18th, 2016, 6:39 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same issue with my 08 sport, and after 3 temp sensors, dealer said it was my ECM. Paid $500 for new ECM, and seems to have fixed, however now have 2nd set of Timing chains faulty, and am told have sever sludge in engine. Maintenance has always been performed at dealer, and always as recommended, yet they want over $800 to fix!
These engines are a train wreck, and should be recalled as they were in the Caddys, and now Acadia's, and Traverse. I am on my 6th new Chevy, and am being forced into looking at ANY other brand but, due to their poor quality, poor service, and misrepresentation of the product.