Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

power door lock

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2012, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door lock

I HAVE A 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX ALL OF MY DOOR LOCKS WORK EXCEPT ONE. i CAN OPERATE IT MANUALLY IT JUST WILL NOT UNLOCK WITH THE REMOTE. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE,
Old July 19th, 2012, 3:21 PM
CF Monarch

Received 351 Likes on 332 Posts

When you try and use the bad one do you hear any noise coming from it? If the actuator is bad, you will need to change it. Many times the link from the actuator disconnects because the plastic clip breaks. You will need to remove the door panel to check it out.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ANNAB
I HAVE A 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX ALL OF MY DOOR LOCKS WORK EXCEPT ONE. i CAN OPERATE IT MANUALLY IT JUST WILL NOT UNLOCK WITH THE REMOTE. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE,
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Agreed. It sounds like an actuator issue. Consider having the vehicle inspected for an official diagnosis.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service