Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

radio trouble on 05 equinox

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2010, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio trouble on 05 equinox

i am wondering if the ignition switch, or starter, can effect the quality of sound on my radio/cd player. i have a static sound coming through with the music.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

a ground loop can cause this issue. does the static increase when you hit the gas?
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

the noise is there constantly. even when the volume is at the lowest setting. i can get rid of most of the static by turning up the volume past halfway. but there is a problem. i have been having starter, ignition issues lately, and think that could be my radio problem also.
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Static from front passenger door speaker

I am having an issue with loud, erratic static coming from the passenger door speaker in my 05 Equinox. This vehicle was purchased used and the stereo system is the type with the amp under the rear bench seat. The sub has never worked since we purchased the vehicle and the static continues even when the vehicle is off. There is nothing that makes it any worse or any better and its very random. It will stop for a while but then return. Very annoying. The only thing that anyone has given me for advice is that its an issue with the factory amp since the static continues even when the vehicle is off.
Anyone experience this or have other ideas. I can get a new factory refurbished amp for around $200.