Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

SD card error

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2020, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SD card error

Hi there,
2019 Premier with Nav; Nav doesn't work properly. Error message pops up and says SD card error. I've popped it out and put it back, no changes or improvement...….take to dealership or is there a fix??
Help please.
Thanks
TM
Old April 1st, 2020, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Hi there,
Are there NO techs on this forum to assist us?
Thanks
TM
Old April 1st, 2020, 8:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 599 Posts

Forums are for fellow owners the help each other. The techs are at the dealership, ready to support your purchase.

Sorry, nothing immediately came to my mind. I'm not surprised you didn't get replies either, given how little information you provided. ( like what the error said, or what you expect the card to do... )
Old April 4th, 2020, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Hi there,
It kinda says it in my post - SD card error for the navigation. Message says ' SD card error".
I've used forums for several previously owned cars and there was always a techy guy with good suggestions and help.
If it persists I'll take it to the dealership.
Thanks
TM
Old April 4th, 2020, 1:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

I assume still under warranty? Take to dealer and report back here the fix for those in the future with same problem
Old April 4th, 2020, 2:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 599 Posts

what is the card supposed to do? Are you loading music? maps? ....

I would just try common sense troubleshooting.
Did you try sticking it in your computer or camera to see if it will read it?
Did you try sticking a different card into the vehicle to see if that works?
Old April 4th, 2020, 3:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm thinking the sd card is either loaded with navigation maps? If that's the case, you might try Garmin express to reload maps with, thinking, but not sure of your system it probably is a Garmin, just a thought.
Old April 4th, 2020, 11:34 PM
CF Beginner

Hi there,
Mounainmanjoe please read my post - SD card is OEM from the factory (kevinkpk) installed NAVIGATION system.
Ok this morning went for a drive I entered a destination into the Nav system and it worked fine, didn't see any error message at all. Fingers crossed it was just a gremlin.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
All the best and stay safe and separate.
TN

Last edited by tankman; January 15th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old August 17th, 2020, 7:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I think you should first try the below-mentioned fixes to solve the SD card error message.
  • Just check out your card reader or USB cable whether it is corrupted or not.
  • Next, you can run the command prompt to check & fix unreadable SD issue
  • Or you can open the Disk Management to format your unreadable SD card on Windows.
To know more easy solutions, read this article: 27 SD Card Errors & Their Solutions [Last Updated on 22/06/2020]
Old April 23rd, 2022, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If an error occurred on the sd card, then the reason is either in the sd card itself, or an error in the reader of this sd card. Here we need to figure out where exactly the error is, first try inserting the sd card into another reader, except for the car, if it works properly, then the problem is in the reader that is in the car. I somehow also ran into a problem and thought that a defective car was supplied to me, but the problem was not in it, but in the device that I wanted to connect. Then I turned to http://salvagedata.com and they were supposed to fix it up, but I'm still waiting, they said that everything should be ready next week and I pray to God that everything will be fine. I wish you good luck too!

Last edited by Seneltali; April 25th, 2022 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: SD card error