Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Stabilitrak code, stalling, starting issues

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2020, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak code, stalling, starting issues

Hello everyone,

I'm on here to see if I can find someone answers. I have a 2014 Chevrolet equinox. I bought i used in excellent condition. It was a work vehicle with regular inspections, oil changes and so on. It currently has 103,000 miles. I faithfully have changed the oil and done all the up keep. I have been having stalling, starting issues, loud engine issues too.

My car was throwing camshaft actuator ( timing variable solenoids), camshaft sensor codes, crankshaft, throttle body sensor. I've replaced both intake and exhaust solenoids ( solves starting issue for a short time) camshafts, crankshaft, map sensor. Car kept throwing all these sensor codes still. Engine still sounded terrible. Feeling defeated. I took it to a mechanic. Who has the fancy computer, a very capable mechanic. He runs the computer and suggest it could be a ground wire issue. I take it home notice it sounds terrible. Has a awful putter start and loud noise in engine. Turns out my timing chain is off by two teeth. He replaces all the parts, water pump and serpintine belt because it's right there. $1,614 later. The engine light is off runs great. I have it for 24 hrs. Then I noticed it hesitates to start at my bank. I then drive it to a car Wash to sweep it out. Go to start it. Will not start. It just turns, turns, the stabilitrak codes pops up my engine light pops up again. So $2,200 later we are back to the first intial issue. I also put a new battery in it. Just need spark plugs and coil pack to finish tune up.

My car seems to idles weird at red lights like it wants to die, but you put it in neutral that goes away while idling. I know the stabilitrak code is not the issue, but when you start by car and that code shows up 100% of the time it will have issues starting. This last time it even acted like the computer wasn't even responding. Like it was dead at one time. My mechanic is looking at it again and he is stumped, I'm stumped. I don't have $125 dollars and hr. To spend at the dealer for a part that could potentially cost $100. My mechanic is $80/hr. I still owe $9450 on it. I do know some mechanics and Chevy seems to have a huge issue with this. I would love a answer from Chevrolet because I truly believe this is a faulty part on their half. Cheap parts, and quality issues.

If anyone has any input please let me know. Chevrolet I would like something done. I purchased this vehicle for dependability and interegity of you company. I do not feel safe driving it with my kids and the long commute I have to work. I love the car, but unfortunately do not have deep pockets for repairs.

your 2.4l engine needs tweeked or safer, stronger parts. My lumina ran till 250,000 miles and had a ignition wiring issue, but we could over pass with a homemade start button to the starter. Unfortunately the computers make bypasses nearly impossible.
Old August 10th, 2021, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Chevy Impala

Originally Posted by Natasha Lennex
Hello everyone,

I'm on here to see if I can find someone answers. I have a 2014 Chevrolet equinox. I bought i used in excellent condition. It was a work vehicle with regular inspections, oil changes and so on. It currently has 103,000 miles. I faithfully have changed the oil and done all the up keep. I have been having stalling, starting issues, loud engine issues too.

My car was throwing camshaft actuator ( timing variable solenoids), camshaft sensor codes, crankshaft, throttle body sensor. I've replaced both intake and exhaust solenoids ( solves starting issue for a short time) camshafts, crankshaft, map sensor. Car kept throwing all these sensor codes still. Engine still sounded terrible. Feeling defeated. I took it to a mechanic. Who has the fancy computer, a very capable mechanic. He runs the computer and suggest it could be a ground wire issue. I take it home notice it sounds terrible. Has a awful putter start and loud noise in engine. Turns out my timing chain is off by two teeth. He replaces all the parts, water pump and serpintine belt because it's right there. $1,614 later. The engine light is off runs great. I have it for 24 hrs. Then I noticed it hesitates to start at my bank. I then drive it to a car Wash to sweep it out. Go to start it. Will not start. It just turns, turns, the stabilitrak codes pops up my engine light pops up again. So $2,200 later we are back to the first intial issue. I also put a new battery in it. Just need spark plugs and coil pack to finish tune up.

My car seems to idles weird at red lights like it wants to die, but you put it in neutral that goes away while idling. I know the stabilitrak code is not the issue, but when you start by car and that code shows up 100% of the time it will have issues starting. This last time it even acted like the computer wasn't even responding. Like it was dead at one time. My mechanic is looking at it again and he is stumped, I'm stumped. I don't have $125 dollars and hr. To spend at the dealer for a part that could potentially cost $100. My mechanic is $80/hr. I still owe $9450 on it. I do know some mechanics and Chevy seems to have a huge issue with this. I would love a answer from Chevrolet because I truly believe this is a faulty part on their half. Cheap parts, and quality issues.

If anyone has any input please let me know. Chevrolet I would like something done. I purchased this vehicle for dependability and interegity of you company. I do not feel safe driving it with my kids and the long commute I have to work. I love the car, but unfortunately do not have deep pockets for repairs.

your 2.4l engine needs tweeked or safer, stronger parts. My lumina ran till 250,000 miles and had a ignition wiring issue, but we could over pass with a homemade start button to the starter. Unfortunately the computers make bypasses nearly impossible.

let me know what you find out mines doing the same thing.