Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Strange noises under hood

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2016, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange noises under hood

I have a 2015 Equinox LT w/2LT FWD 4 Cyl ECHOTECH Engine
This car is 1 year old with 14,500 mile.

There is a "strange" sound that comes from the engine compartment. It sounds a bit like a hydraulic pump. It comes and goes constantly but not consistently. I have asked the dealer to listen for it while servicing the car and they say they hear nothing. I will be the first to admit it is not predictable. I have tried to record it, but it does not get picked up on my phone very well. I also have to wait anywhere from 5 minutes to nearly an hour to catch it. I have never had an issue like this with any vehicle before.

When it starts, it runs fairly quietly and only for about 30 - 45 seconds. I have heard it first thing in the morning, after coming in from a trip, and at odd times in between. I don't think it is related to operating the vehicle as I have heard it ion the morning after sitting for 10 - 12 hours.

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated. I am at the point of thinking about trading for another vehicle if I can't get it solve.

Thanks

Wes