Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Throttle body replacement

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2015, 3:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dmzsmith
Right now I am thinking my next purchase will be with another vendor.
<sigh>
Let us know how that works out for you in the future. Maybe you'll be writing the same type of rant somewhere else. Good luck!
</sigh>
Old April 14th, 2015, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2010 chevy eq purchased brand new in 2010. had to replace throttle body at 44,000 miles (437.00), balanced chain replaced at 41,000 (NC), and now oil consumption test being performed at 60,000. who knew, never again.
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

We got the dreaded replace the throttle body news today on our 2010 Equinox at 111,000 miles.

Wife was driving to work, Stability light, engine light, low engine power light all came on, and vehicle would only go about 25 miles an hour, so off the interstate she exits and shuts it off, and when she restarts, only the engine light comes on and is able to drive at normal speeds again. She got home ok, and I took to local Chevy dealer, and get the $660 news.

It is a real nice vehicle when it is not in the shop.

So far the heater/central control with radio controls item went out, we were out of the recall vin range, but it still failed,.
Then the lower engine parts and balancer recall after the truck kept stopping in traffic all of a sudden, fuel was getting into where it shouldn't be, then a high pitched whine when reving the motor started on the way home from the dealer, so they did the entire recall over again, and of course that didn't fix it.
Then back to the dealer again for more testing and now the water pump seems to be an issue so new one installed,.
Then air conditioner condenser sprang a leak,.
Then O2 sensor,.
Now it is in for the throttle body replacement.

I know Chevy will not go broke if my next vehicle isn't from them, but this is a lot of issues, and Chevy Customer Service was of no help on this one.
Old December 19th, 2017, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Chevy Equinox

Hello, I have experienced an issue with my timing chain and my car is currently at a Chevy servoce center and I believe my original complaints amd concerns have caused the recent issue with my vehicle if someone could please contact me as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Whenever my vehicle has major issues I take it to Chevy knowing that they would fix my problems. Please contact me as I am very confused and a bit frustrated I have left now 5 voicemails for the service manager here in Colorado Springs to contact me and O was just told by thr rep last night, he was going to keep him (service mgr) out of the loop because he feels he can resolve, however he told me prior that because my complaints
Were "conducent" to the business he was referring me to the service mgr, now he wants to keep him out the loop? Please help 719-209-8626
VIN: 2CNALBEWXA6331211
I HAVE NOTATIONS VERIFIED IN THE COMPUTER OF MY.COMPLAINTS WITH MY VEHILCE AND I WAS COMPLETELY IGNORED AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH A $1900 COST?

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi there,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns involving your Equinox. We certainly do not want a negative experience to come from your vehicle ownership. We would be happy to look into this further, and provide any additional information. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the preferred dealership you work with. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
chevy Equinox
Old December 19th, 2017, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Chevy Equinox

Hello, I have experienced an issue with my timing chain and my car is currently at a Chevy servoce center and I believe my original complaints amd concerns have caused the recent issue with my vehicle if someone could please contact me as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Whenever my vehicle has major issues I take it to Chevy knowing that they would fix my problems. Please contact me as I am very confused and a bit frustrated I have left now 5 voicemails for the service manager here in Colorado Springs to contact me and O was just told by thr rep last night, he was going to keep him (service mgr) out of the loop because he feels he can resolve, however he told me prior that because my complaints
Were "conducent" to the business he was referring me to the service mgr, now he wants to keep him out the loop? Please help
I HAVE NOTATIONS VERIFIED IN THE COMPUTER OF MY.COMPLAINTS WITH MY VEHILCE AND I WAS COMPLETELY IGNORED AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH A $1900 COST?

Hi there,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns involving your Equinox. We certainly do not want a negative experience to come from your vehicle ownership. We would be happy to look into this further, and provide any additional information. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the preferred dealership you work with. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
chevy Equinox

Last edited by Trenika Quilter; December 19th, 2017 at 8:41 AM. Reason: Vin
Old June 26th, 2023, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Chevy Equinox Issues

2011 Chevy Equinox 195000 miles. Lights came on for service stabillitrak, awd off. Traction control light and ABS light on solid. Replaced drivers front wheel bearing and sensor, code reader still showing bad bearing front left. Not reading speed, showing 0 on that one. Replaced bearing a second time. Still the same codes. cannot clear the codes. have tried disconnecting battery, codes still come back when reconnected. As mucch as I love my chevy, i use my car to transport not only my children but mentally disabled individuals every day, and this cannot remain this way. what else could it be?

Hi there,

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 27th, 2023, 6:37 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MrsBrewer0823
2011 Chevy Equinox 195000 miles. Lights came on for service stabillitrak, awd off. Traction control light and ABS light on solid. Replaced drivers front wheel bearing and sensor, code reader still showing bad bearing front left. Not reading speed, showing 0 on that one. Replaced bearing a second time. Still the same codes. cannot clear the codes. have tried disconnecting battery, codes still come back when reconnected. As mucch as I love my chevy, i use my car to transport not only my children but mentally disabled individuals every day, and this cannot remain this way. what else could it be?
Take it to a shop to be properly diagnosed and repaired. You probably have an issue with the ABS wheel speed sensor wiring. The wiring fault needs to be found and properly repaired.