Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Troubled 2010 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2015, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubled 2010 Equinox

I bought a 2010 equinox last July from a local car lot. I had been looking and researching on it for about a year before making my decision. It was all fine until about late fall. I noticed the engine is loud and rattles, the engine light stays on for awhile and then goes away. I had that checked out on a code reader which said catalytic below threshold? And now the a/c compressor is out and having to buy a good used one. I really thought this was a good vehicle. The first thing I have ever had this new in my life and we'll here you have it. I totally agree it should have major recalls on the engine and ac compressors as I have seen other people have had the same trouble. Also it has a cracked manifold on it, how that happened I don't know. It causes exhaust fumes to come inside sickening that Chevy let's these off the assembly line without verifying that things are good to go. I don't have loads of money to have to keep putting parts on it. It is already out of warranty at 110k miles. Really awful. I paid $13,900 for it. I hope the engine doesn't blow up. If there is any Chevrolet rep out there I would appreciate some help and advice. This just isn't right. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Barber7881; April 22nd, 2015 at 9:50 PM.