Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

True mpg for Equinox vs Traverse

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2014, 7:51 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default True mpg for Equinox vs Traverse

I currently own a 2008 Suburban 4wd. Due to the continuing increase in fuel cost and maintenance, I am seriously looking at buying and Equinox or Traverse. I know that the manufacturers window sticker shows the the city and highway mpg's based on optimal conditions. However, I would like to hear from anyone on the forum what they truly get in gas mileage in their daily driving. The 2014 4cyl. shows between 22 and 32 mpg, with the 6 cyl AWD showing 20 - 29 mpg. I pull a small 5x8 enclosed trailer well under 3000 lbs to bmx races. Pedal bikes don't weigh very much. Anyway, in making my choice on whether I buy a Traverse or Equinox, I thought I would go to those who actually own such vehicles and get the lowdown on how they perform on actual gas mileage. And, while at it, I would like to know if anyone has had problems towing or after towing a small load. I am especially interested in how much better (if at all ) a 6cylinder does verses the 4cylinder when towing. Appreciate any advise on whether I would be better off purchasing a Traverse.