Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

xm radio

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2010, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xm radio

I have an 2007 Equinox that keeps saying XM FEATURE, I want it to come through my radio and not my separate XM unit. Can anyone tell me how to fix this??
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

You will need to go to channel 1 of your XM radio and call XM and activate your radio. You will have to pay for 2 subscriptions if you want to keep both radios active...
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Its almost like it doesnt have the tuner, you cant do any of that it just keeps saying XM FEATURE no channels can be tuned.
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

that may be the case the radio has the feature but not the XM module. Check with Crutch Field or your local Chevy dealer...
Old November 11th, 2010, 3:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would agree with in2pro. The best way to get information or a fix for this would be to speak with your dealership. I can also use your VIN to find if your vehicle came from the factory with the tuner. Just direct message me the VIN and I'll check it out and get back to you with some information. You may also try calling XM and speaking with one of their representatives. You can call XM Radio at 1-800-852-9696. Or you can check on their website at www.xmradio.com. I hope that helps you and if you run into additional issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Happy Veterans day to all those who have served and those who continue to do so.
Old October 18th, 2019, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Hey folks, I am new to this forum. Just bought a 2006 Equinox LT (70K miles) for my son. Nice little truck! I have been trying to figure out if there is a XM module installed in the vehicle. The factory radio has the XM/Aux button on the left side. Secondly, if it doesn't have the XM module I would like to re-purpose the switch to add an Aux. input for his iPhone to play music. (DIY...of course.) Any insight or suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Old October 18th, 2019, 2:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by wlcg06
Hey folks, I am new to this forum. Just bought a 2006 Equinox LT (70K miles) for my son. Nice little truck! I have been trying to figure out if there is a XM module installed in the vehicle. The factory radio has the XM/Aux button on the left side. Secondly, if it doesn't have the XM module I would like to re-purpose the switch to add an Aux. input for his iPhone to play music. (DIY...of course.) Any insight or suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Look at the RPO sticker on the inside of the glove box door. If you see code "U2K" on it, the vehicle came with satellite radio. U2K is code for the satellite radio option.

It is still possible that a dealership or someone else added it after the vehicle was sold as new. I doubt this is the case because it would have been pretty expensive and additional labor, parts (tuner, roof-mounted antenna, and all necessary wiring & hardware), and BCM/tuner programming would have been required.

If it does have the tuner installed, the radio should switch to XM radio source and start playing the demo XM station when you press the XM/AUX button. If not, it will temporarily display "NOT AVAILABLE."

I'm pretty sure PAC-Audio or USA Spec makes adapters to add an aux input to this radio, but they are a bit pricey (~$150) and I'm not sure of their current availability. The kit you need depends on whether or not your radio has a satellite tuner connected to it.