Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2015 Chevy Express 4500 - no start

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2019, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad relay

mine was same make and top number...i will check the other number....coachman and forest river probably made on same assembly line...this is only problem I have had besides a dometic brisk ac failure in first year (also bad batch)
Old July 18th, 2019, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

I pulled the relay for the run/crnk and it gave me the exact same symptoms as what I was initially troubleshooting with the service airbag light in the five chimes. I am fairly confident that I have multiple relay failures. I ordered two new relays off Amazon I can't wait to replace them.

Last edited by rockfishon; July 19th, 2019 at 5:24 PM.
Old July 18th, 2019, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default relay failure

will stock up as well...best of luck to you and thanks again!
Old July 18th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by rockfishon
Cleared the codes, still did not start.
Of course. Clearing codes just clears codes. They tell you about a problem, not cause them.

Anyway, hopefully the relay is all it was. Strange that they are failing already on a 2015.
Old July 24th, 2019, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

I have that same chassis on a 2014 Forest River Sunseeker. I’ve had lol the same issues from the stripped positive battery terminal to the crank no start. Lately it’s been all power, no crank, no start. Replaced the starter this morning at the campground! Thanks so much for the thread and everyone’s advice, I’ll have my mechanic look at those relays too. I’ll let you know.
Old September 16th, 2020, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same problem of bad relay P/N 13502750 at 19,900 miles on my 2015 chassis C4500. Thinking it may be a bad batch of relays. Potential recall as obviously if the relay fails while driving the engine stops which could cause an accident.
I am going to file a report with NHTSA.
You should do the same.
If a number of people report similar NHTSA may push Chevy. They need a higher Amp rating on the relay.
My fuel pump draws 11.2 Amps which is only slightly above the normal range but this would warm up the relay and could cause points to burn.

Am analyzing the relay now to check readings. Will be carrying a replacement relay.
The service shop is AC/Delco dealer. The new P/N for this relay is13500126 and is identified as " HI PWR"
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (September 16th, 2020)