Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Torque and transmission settings

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2016, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque and transmission settings

Success in using Torque to read my transmission settings. For the Express Van I used GM #2 in the custom PID's. Works perfect...
Old May 24th, 2016, 7:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great! Thanks! Any luck changing them or the lock up rpm?

Torque is an awesome app - use it myself with one of these from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1sOQfb3
Old May 25th, 2016, 3:24 AM
CF Junior Member

how did you get this PID?
Old May 25th, 2016, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

1. You must have torque professional about $10 from the Google play store. I purchased a Professional Diagnostic Tool OBD2 for $7.36.
2. I bought a 7 inch android tablet for $45 bucks to use for this application so I did not have gauges so small it would be hard to read.
3. I purchased a iKross 2-in-1 Tablet and Cellphone Adjustable Swing Extended Cup Mount Holder and any 7 inch Tablet and more from Amazon for $23.

This totals around $85 much cheaper than putting in a transmission gauge. The Ikoss stand works excellent in the cup holder for a Chevy Express. I was just trying to find a solution to observe the transmission temp when towing a trailer. This provides me with much more information.

Inside torque professional at the start screen select settings. It will show again Settings. Go to Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. You will find Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 2). This works on the Express Van.

You can validate that it works correctly when your car is cold. It should read exactly what you temperature gauge shows because the fluids are cold and at the temperature of the outside air. Once the van is warmed up they will be very different readings.

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

I should also say the transmission in this picture was lower than normal because I just started the van. The MPG shows instant MPG instead of the average your van shows. This is good in helping you find the best driving solutions to save gas.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

I see a few spelling errors sorry about that. I hope the above information helps someone in the forum...
Old May 26th, 2016, 4:39 AM
CF Active Member

I second Darrell's input: The Torque app is awesome! I use the free version which I don't think is crippled - just some small adverts at bottom of screen. It's one of the few free apps that I actually plan to pay for the ad-free version.

One of these days someone is going to make an app that lets us do the tuning, to!