Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

07 chevy express 1500 fuel pump problem?

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2018, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 chevy express 1500 fuel pump problem?

07 chevy express 1500 fuel pump problem? Had 1/8 of tank of gas and was on my way to gas station about 7 miles away. As soon as I left the house about every minute the warnings lights in the dash would come on and immediately go off along with the gas gauge dropping to zero. I made it to the gas station and filled the tank up. Thought I had a alternator problem. Turned around and started back to the local parts store so the could check the charging system. Got to the parts store and the van died on main street. It turns over with a little blubber of an attempt at running. Dumped 2 bottles of Lucas gas treatment in the tank and attempted to start throughout the day. NO LUCK! My neighbor and I towed it home. HELP
Old August 7th, 2018, 9:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Did you do a fuel pressure check? Try spraying some gas or starter fluid into the throttle body to see if it runs for a few seconds. If it does the fuel pump is probably bad.
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O7 chevy express 1500 fuel pump

Van started this morning and ran in the driveway for an hour. But still had the idiot lights going on an off every minute in the dash. Drove it around the block about a half mile and it died in the driveway about 5 minutes later. Did not check the fuel pressure but after it died was able to get it to fire on starting fluid until starting fluid was burned up.
Old August 7th, 2018, 1:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Sounds like the fuel pump. Possibly fuel pressure regulator.