Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

16 pin under hood fuse box connector? What does it do

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2023, 2:48 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 16 pin under hood fuse box connector? What does it do

Hi,

I am building a custom express van, extending the frame etc, but having to piece it together as the chassis I bought did not include the engine or transmission and people just cut the wires leaving me guessing.

The van chassis I bought: 2005 3500 6.0l 4L80E 2wd
​​​​​​

I got a harness from an 03 express van: 5.3l 4L60E.

There are some differences, mainly in the 16 pin connector that plugs into the under hood fuse box, they are different with almost no matching wire colors.

I cannot find any information on this connector.

In the pictures it is in the center, top connected, bottom, with the connector removed.

Help is appreciated thank you

Old April 22nd, 2023, 6:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 658 Likes on 597 Posts

have you checked the electrical manuals on gmupfitter.com ? That should help you with your '05.

Pinout for the '03

If you're building up a van from scratch like this, you're going to need manuals or a data subscription. I don't see how you can get by without reference material.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; April 22nd, 2023 at 6:21 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2023, 8:24 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
have you checked the electrical manuals on gmupfitter.com ? That should help you with your '05.

Pinout for the '03

If you're building up a van from scratch like this, you're going to need manuals or a data subscription. I don't see how you can get by without reference material.

I pulled the fuse box from the donor van, and the connectors are exactly the same.

So far I've welded the return line shut, disabled the on engine fuel pressure regulator, and am patching the hole in the fuel tank.

I've yet to weld the crossmember for the back half of the tank, but after I do that, the engine is actually ready to start, if I can get the wiring figured out without having to put the cab on it, unless I have to put the cab on it, which I may end up doing after pulling the donor harness from the 03.

Will update.

Still yet to extend the driveshaft, but once I do that, if she starts, all that's left to do is drop the cab and back end and fabricate mounts, then begin making it, "livable", but right now, it is a rolling chassis. Also yet to do the rest of the 4x4 but that shouldn't take too long. Just want to hear it come to life