Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1990 G30 a/c condensate drain

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2016, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 G30 a/c condensate drain

Good morning everyone, first post, hopefully someone has the insights I'm looking for. I have searched and searched the vehicle in question, the TSM, and the internet at large, trying to find where and/or how GM provides for the air conditioning condensate to get out of the evaporator housing. I cannot find any evidence of a drain, anywhere. I recently had the entire dash out of this truck to replace a leaky heater core and a bad seal between the air box and firewall that was allowing both coolant and rain water to get in and soak the carpet on the passenger side floor. I just discovered the carpet is wet again, and wanted to eliminate a clogged condensate drain as a possible source. But I simply cannot find it. I just want to make sure I've covered all the bases before I make my own drain by drilling a hole in the bottom of the evaporator housing. I have run the a/c and looked for condensate dripping, but the only source I can find is condensate dripping from the low pressure hose and the accumulator. Sure would appreciate any insights!
Pat D. in Maryland