Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2001 door panels and speaker additions

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2011, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 door panels and speaker additions

Recently purchased an 01 2500 with a 6.5L diesel base model and love it! It is both my work and pleasure vehicle replacing my old 95 k1500.

I am planning within the next week to get some actuators for my locks installed and eventually an aftermarket power window conversion. Now I wanted to know if the door panel from similar models is interchangeable with my base model or even just the switch panel itself can be installed by replacing the pull handle

now as for the speakers, there are only 2 front front speakers, when I replaced my stereo unit I noticed there are 2 pairs of wires for rear channel speakers (lt and drk blu / brn and yellow)on the factory harness, anyone know where GM mounts the rear speakers so I can check if they ran the wires all the way so I don't have to run my own wires
Old January 2nd, 2011, 7:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rear speakers are either in the rear doors or in the D pillars next to the doors.

You can replace the front door panels BUT your car isnt wired for power windows or locks, so you ll have to run wires through the doors AND find out where on the fuse panel to connect them to(in the rear) after you run a relay also.
Old January 4th, 2011, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

yeah found the wires in the pillars by the door, but decided from adding speakers for now till i save up some more scratch, gonna put together a nice component system and amp

and i went to the scrap yard and picked up a couple switch panels to replace the existing panels and fit nice, prob just gonna add it my own fuse block and wire it into the ignition system instead of tinkering around with the existing panel
Old January 21st, 2011, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear speakers can mount above the rear doors. There is a factory mounting panel and they plug into a harness that should be present at the rear of the van.

I picked up one of the factory rear mounts from a boneyard and mounted it with self tapping screws, plugged it in and voila!

There is a green GMC van at Ross towing in Southfield, Michigan that has this rear speaker mount with 2 speakers. (248) 356-6011

If they won't ship it for you let me know and I can retrieve them for you and do the shipping. Shouldn't cost much.

I picked up the factory AM-FM CD/Cassette on eBay, had the theft lock disabled. Factory Delco sound on the cheap.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

mine's the base model, no fancy accessories (i.e. AC or cruise FML) picked up a column switch at the scrap and got my cruise working also picked up some spare a-pillars gonna fabricate some speaker pods to go by my dash